Web DeveloperApply Now
DrumBEAT Marketing is growing and we are currently looking for a Web Developer to join our team in Houston, TX. The major responsibilities of this position entail developing database driven websites that engage user interaction and generate sales conversions for a wide variety of clients. You will be responsible for running scheduled meetings with an array of various businesses to take an initial design and develop a fully functioning website.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
Required to start:
- drumBEAT Marketing is a client-driven company. You should be able to work with clients and users directly, and they should find the experience (at minimum) a delight.
- Solid experience with a client-side PHP MVC framework. We currently use (and love) WordPress and the LAMP stack.
- Ability to work and complete tasks in a flexible, highly independent environment.
- Strong design abilities with CSS3 and best cross browser compatibility uses.
- Previous professional web development experience in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience developing with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and other content management systems.
You will build upon:
- Chasing down new technology to experiment with for interesting applications.
- Agile software development, SCRUM.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Server-side development with Plesk, PHP, MySQL, and SSH.
Bonus points for:
- Ability to configure and maintain a CentOS server running Plesk.
- Experience with backend languages (especially PHP or Rails)
- Contributions to open source projects
- Ability to execute OOP.
- Love affair with Chrome’s developer tools
- Deep understanding of modern SEO techniques.
- Experience with microformats.
Please send the following documents when applying for this position:
- Cover letter (please avoid using a template; we want to see a personal touch)